English in Early Childhood
The main linguistic aim of early foreign-language learning is to develop listening and speaking skills – through various communicative tasks and activities.
Methods/techniques we use to help children learn English is by:
- Saying rhymes, fingerplays, and singing chants in English
- Reading stories and encouraging children to retell the story
- Using everyday phrases and giving instructions in English
- Using linguistic games (e.g., “I spy with my little eye”)
- Focus on things, actions, and events that children can see
- Using practical hands-on activities (action games, art projects)
- Using a lot of visual and audio support
Native speakers also benefit from this program, as in addition to teachers and situations, they: improve their language, expand their knowledge, and advance in all development areas.
Sports and Baby gym
Parents are increasingly aware of the dangers posed by the modern lifestyle and the age of technology, so we decided to present and offer kinesiological activities in the kindergarten: Sports for preschool children and Baby gym for infants and toddlers.
The main goals of these programs are:
- Fulfilling the need to move, play and socialize
- Development of functional and motor skills + fitness abilities (endurance, strength, flexibility, etc.)
- Acquiring essential elements of different types of sports
- Acquiring healthy lifestyles
As part of the program, we provide extra time for the implementation of other kinesiological activities outside the kindergarten (walks, excursions, skiing, skating, swimming, etc.).
Preschool program – preparation for school
The preschool program is intended for all children before starting primary school. The program is based on the legal basis from the documents of preschool education in the Republic of Croatia.
The child is ready for school when they have a degree of development of various physical and mental functions that will allow them to master the prescribed program successfully.
The tasks of the preschool program are:
- Development of the child’s independence
- Development of speech communication skills
- Acquisition of motor skills
- Development of visual – art communication skills
- Development of musical communication
- Introduction to elementary mathematical concepts
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) includes practical knowledge and skills in these four disciplines.
Today, when children are exposed to technology, our goal is to enable them to develop critical thinking, peek behind the screen, and find out what is hidden there and what drives an entire system. Programming, using applications, serving robots, creative creation, chemical experiments, games, making cartoons, using computers is part of our educational program, which we strive to present to children in a close way.
Our goal is to take their knowledge of technology to the next level and enable them to be users and creators.